Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Homework is silly



Mark Gifkins
Principal
Parkvale School                                                            
Howard Street
Hastings


Dear Mr Gifkins, I think that homework is silly. It is very inconvenient and is not good for our health. We could be doing other things. Playing with friends and family, training for sport or getting fresh air.


Firstly, Students have done a big watt of work at school and when they go home the want to get home and play with their toys or relax and watch television, not get home and make their brains work even harder. After all, school’s for work and learning, home on the other hand is for fun and relaxation. Kids are made for exploration, excitement and enjoyment not boredom, boredom and boredom.


Secondly, The students are doing work at school and when they get home they could have better things to do than being slaved doing work that they already have done at school. At home they could like to be creative and imaginative out in their garden with toys rather than being inside doing work and getting bored at home.


Lastly students could get lots of fresh air rather than warm inside air that isn’t good for them.
They could be practicing sport or be playing with cousins or friends that they haven’t seen in a long time, you wouldn't want to ruin friendship would you.


After all this I hope you will not give students anymore homework homework is silly. It is very inconvenient and is not good for our health. We could be doing other things. Playing with friends and Relatives, training for sport or getting fresh hawkes Bay air.


I look forward to your reply.


Yours sincerly,
Vaughn Laurence.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comments. I like how you have good reasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your opinion HOMEWORK IS SILLY. I get your comment about playing with your cousins because I only get to see my cousin 5 times a year :(. I like how you have tried to make homework extincted by emailing it to Mr.G. I also agree with watching TV and relaxing but usually I am out and about so I don't really get to relax and watch TV. You have lots of detail in your writing and good Punctuation. Something you could work on is making your paragraphs bigger, But a part from that your writing was awesome. Nice Work :)

    ReplyDelete